An International presence of now over 100 nations and states worldwide, and one of the most powerful movements in post-biblical Christianity, Forward in Faith Ministries International (FIFMI) is changing millions of lives through the vision given by God to founder Archbishop Dr. Ezekiel H. Guti. Rarely does an organization with such a vast world-reach hold a testimony of simplicity, and a genuine “humble beginnings” story. However, this is a story beginning with one man, and his One God, leading to now millions of believers equally hungry for a deeper union with the same God and His Son Jesus Christ.
Also known as ZAOGA, Forward in Faith in parts of Southern Africa, FIFMI is a powerful Pentecostal ministry, whose agenda is simply to preach the true and uncompromising gospel of Jesus Christ. This gospel is not founded on the doctrines of man, but of Jesus Christ, as fulfilled on the day of Pentecost.
On 12 May 1960, Ezekiel responded to God’s special call, a call which led to the birth of the ministry under a gum tree, and in one of the most primitive countrysides of Zimbabwe called Bindura. Today millions of people across the continents have given their lives to Jesus Christ in response to the teachings of the Archbishop Dr. Ezekiel Guti.
In 2010, FIFMI celebrated it 50th anniversary jubilee, which featured the grand jubilee celebrations broadcast live on Ezekiel TV, FIFMI’s television network, and worldwide via www.fifmi.org, FIFMI’s global website.
In 1963, as the Apostle prayed in the Bindura caves, God spoke to him and said,
“Learn and read the English bible and learn to preach in English because you shall go to many countries with my word.”
“We preach a Christ centered Gospel, followed by signs and wonders.”
Triune God :
- We believe in the triune God; God the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit
The Bible :
- We believe in both the Old Testament and the New Testament and that all Scriptures in the Holy Bible are the divinely inspired Word of God.
- All have sinned and are in need of salvation which God provided through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Salvation comes by conversion (repentance). We emphasize that man must be born again by the word of God. (1 Peter 1:23).
Holy Spirit :
- A believer must be filled with the Holy Spirit and the evidence is speaking in tongues. The true Holy Spirit bears fruit. (Galatians 5:22, 2 Cor. 3:17).
- Healing has been provided by Jesus Christ for every believer. We believe in the laying on of hands upon the sick. James 5:14 says when anyone is sick, call the elders of the church.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust.
Christ’s Return :
- The return of Jesus Christ will be in person, will be visible, and will be soon.
- We believe in the baptism of water by immersion (John 3:23. Acts 8:38. Matthew 28:18-20).
- We observe of the Lord’s supper (Holy Communion) as commanded by Jesus. (Matt 26:26-30. 1 Cor. 11: 23-25).